Friday, March 25, 2011

A long day.

Yes, a long day, but that's to be expected. Surgery day finally arrived, and I am glad to say has almost finally ended. Things went well, and when I say well, I mean things went as well as could be expected for this type of surgery.

These are the things I know at this point:

1. The tumor was only in his stomach, they could not see any others.

2. They had to take part of his stomach.

3. The Dr. was able to reattach the rest of his stomach properly, meaning to his duodendum, not to the small intestine.

4. His margins look clean.

5. The pathology report will not be back until late next week (still holding our breath for that one).

Jim kept a sense of humor and a positive attitude throughout the day. Those of you who know him personally, wouldn't expect anything less. Not that we would blame him for not cracking a few jokes at a time like this, but he is at this moment still in good spirits, and for that I am grateful. He is in and out of sleep, but right now his pain level is tolerable. I am staying the night with him. I am prepared for a long night, but hoping that goes better than expected too.

Thank you all for the prayers and love. I will write more tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to think more clearly and give more info then, I have to admit I am a bit tired. I am thankful, so very thankful that today went well!

6 comments:

  1. Glad things went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful the surgery went well and praying for a full and permanent recovery! You are one awesome lady Nicole - I know Jim appreciates and loves you. Thanks for keeping Jim's friends from so long ago up to date. Hope to see Jim and you at the CRHS Class of '81 reunion in September! Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful all went well in surgery. Thank you for keeping us all posted we will continue to pray for you all and pray for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things went so well. Here's hoping the pathology results will be as well. Thinking of you both, and wishing Jim a speedy and full recovery from the surgery. XOXO Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Jim...you are a trooper, I know for I have seen it with my own eyes! You not only have the care of the hospital but also your dear wife. Your daughters are precious and are so concerned and just want the best for you and want you to be home with them. We all love you!!!

    ReplyDelete