Sunday, March 27, 2011

Healing takes time.

I am happy to report that Jimbo is still on the way to recovery. Although he's doing as well as can be expected, he is feeling a bit miserable. Anyone who has had surgery knows how miserable the healing process can be. He sleeps a lot, he actually falls asleep mid sentence, starts snoring, and then wake up again and will resume his sentence right where he left off. It's quite amuzing, I actually laughed a little the first time he did it and he said "what's so funny?" I told him and he didn't even realize he did that. He is getting really tired of the nose tubes (who wouldn't be), they are making his throat very sore and irritated and he cannot breathe through his nose. When taken off oxygen his oxygen levels dip, so he has to stay on that for awhile. Jim's incision pain is still tolerable thanks to the pain meds. He is able to walk a bit and sit up in a chair for about 10 mins at a time, it really takes it out of him though. I expect all of these things to get a little better every day. The doctors seem to be pleased so far with his progress and so am I. Jimbo is a a strong man in spirit and will be a strong man in body once again, I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. GO JIM! Abe wanted to be the one to show you how to tranfer from the bed to the comode, he's feeling a little jipped that someone else got to do that for you :0) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole! I stumbled across your blog just by chance from FB, I had no idea that your family was going through all of this! Jim is a tough cookie, I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better each day! I'd like to send a card to him! Can you post an address, or if you don't want to, send it to MaryJTanana@gmail.com when you have a chance....I recently have had stomach probs, and I've already made an appointment to get checked out pronto! Hug to you, Jim, and your kiddies! :))

    ReplyDelete